COVID-19 Practices for Safe Massage
Throughout these times of uncertainty and change, one thing remains constant: the safety of my clients- and of myself as a healthcare practitioner- is a top priority. Massage should be a time for relaxation, not stress.
In addition to my regular sanitation protocols, I am working to make sure that your massage experience is safe and worry-free by:
- Disinfecting high-touch surfaces, massage table, and any bolsters and pillows used with an EPA registered disinfectant
- Thorough hand-washing before and after each appointment
- Applying hand sanitizer after entering the treatment room
- Wearing a mask at all times
- Offering shorter sessions and reducing the number of clients I see per day
- Increasing time between appointments to properly sanitize
- Dispensing lotion into a disposable cup for each client
- And as always, dressing the table with fresh linens before each appointment
Upon arrival, please follow the check-in procedures at the front desk. Someone will take your temperature and ask you questions regarding symptoms, contact, and travel. You will be required to wear a mask while you are in the facility. If you do not have a mask, a surgical mask will be provided for you.
It is highly recommended that you use the restroom and thoroughly wash your hands before your session starts. My treatment room has an automatic hand sanitizer dispenser, so you may sanitize your hands after your session ends.
The only time you will not have to wear your mask is if you are lying face down on the table.
If you are feeling sick for any reason, please call to cancel and reschedule your appointment. This will reduce the risk of client-therapist transmission.